Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Challenge 2014 - Week 22

"Good timber does not grow with ease. The stronger the wind the stronger the trees."


This Week

Trees by themselves didn't seem like enough. I figured that I needed to represent at least one other key word. I decided to pursue the wind. It wasn't a good week for that. I ended up pointing a couple fans at a Ficus tree. The fans might have moved the leaves a little, but you couldn't tell anything was happening with a typical shutter speed. I attached a neutral density filter, dropped the ISO to 100, and used a slower shutter speed. Things still didn't show as much movement as I would have liked, but at least the blurred leaves establish that their was a pseudo-wind.

Picture


Challenge 22This Ficus TREE has been subjected to an improvised artificial WIND.

Flickr Friday - Our Ocean

I could have always treated the Puget Sound as though it was the ocean, but that might have been a stretch. As I have already stated, I need a lob to participate until I catch up with all of my projects. That means another skipped week for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment