Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Friday, October 24, 2014

237 Days until the US Open at Chambers Bay

I have been walking Chambers Creek Properties for years. I have been carrying a camera since 2009. With the US Open coming to the Chambers Bay Golf Course, which is part of the property, I have decided to share a picture each day for the 365 days leading up to the tournament. The US Open is scheduled to begin on June 18, 2015. As of today, we are 237 days away. For a more complete collection of my local photos, visit https://www.flickr.com/photos/maritimeorca/tags/chamberscreekproperties/

Today's Picture:
Black-tailed Deer
Taken on November 6, 2011

One piece of equipment that I use is easily overlooked. My primary camera has a battery grip installed. The battery grip provides me with a second set of controls that I can use if I want to change orientation. While shots like this Black-tailed Deer (Odocoileus hemionus columbianus) would still be possible without the battery grip, it's easier and more comfortable with it. Since I handhold for the bulk of my shots, like this one, it also seems better for stability to not have my hands in weird positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment