Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Sunday, October 19, 2014

242 Days until the US Open at Chambers Bay

I have been walking Chambers Creek Properties for years. I have been carrying a camera since 2009. With the US Open coming to the Chambers Bay Golf Course, which is part of the property, I have decided to share a picture each day for the 365 days leading up to the tournament. The US Open is scheduled to begin on June 18, 2015. As of today, we are 242 days away. For a more complete collection of my local photos, visit https://www.flickr.com/photos/maritimeorca/tags/chamberscreekproperties/

Today's Picture:
Crow
Taken on September 11, 2011

I take a lot of pictures. Even Crows are used as my subjects. There is a bit of a quirk with these birds. Sources that I have used for identifying birds have indicated that this general area includes American Crows, Northwestern Crows, and hybrids. Considering how similar these species are, I usually just refer to them as Crows rather than the specific species. At eBird, I count them as American/Northwestern Crows. Since I don't identify the species, they are not listed among my list of total species that I have encountered at Chambers Creek Properties. Since I'm talking about the list, I am currently at 119 since I started eBird in 2013. Crows and Cooper's/Sharp-shinned Hawks (another problem area for me) would bring that up to 121. The total would be higher if I included birds before I started eBird. Off the top of my head, pre-eBird sightings include Mountain Bluebird, Long-tailed Duck, Harelquin Duck, Snow Goose, Nothern Rough-winged Swallow, and Brown Pelican.

No comments:

Post a Comment