Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Challenge 2015 - Week 8

"Beginnings are scary.  Endings are usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts.  So, when you find yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up.  And it will."



This Week

I know. I'm really late again. I decided to take a picture of some bubbles. I waited until Monday because I was dealing with my end-of-the-month routine. If I have a smooth first of the month, the second is usually an easy day before I add a few more tasks. I ran into a slight problem. My batteries died on me.

This also turned out to be a tougher shot than anticipated. I had to balance aperture for depth of field and a faster shutter speed to compensate for the motion blur that exceeded expectations. My ISO was cranked all the way up, and I intentionally under-exposed. It's still not perfect, but I need to finish up on this one. After all, I'm still supposed to do my monthly file back-ups today.

Picture

Challenge 8While the END of a bubble may be disappointing, they can FLOAT UP in the MIDDLE of their lives. That's when they COUNT the most. If you pay attention, you can also see another bubble BEGINNING to form.

No comments:

Post a Comment