Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Challenge 2014 - Week 7

"The earth has music for those who listen"
-Shakespeare


This Week

It was pretty clear that I wasn't going to be able to think well enough to get any good shots today. I tend to over-invest emotionally into hockey games. I really wanted the team to win today. Instead, the collection of self-absorbed individuals came out on top. I have decided to use a single picture taken earlier in the week when I could still think rationally for this week's challenge.

Picture


I LISTENED to the MUSIC coming from this Fox Sparrow.

Other Ideas

On the list of topics that we have ahead of time, I knew that we were going to have sound of nature this week. I went after a bird last week. The original thought was to go after something different. Perhaps our local creek with a long exposure would work. I had two days available. I didn't want to slow down yesterday's walk to find and set up a shot because I was slow getting out (another hockey game with a much better outcome). Today was just too depressing to put anything breakable in my hands, especially if it's also expensive (and I wasn't 100% sold on the forecast).

Flickr Friday - Precious Treasure

I considered going after our greatest local treasure, Tahoma. I had a bit of hesitation because I wasn't sure that this would be the best use of our local mountain. I figured that I would only use it if it was looking especially beautiful. It might since snow levels are low, but I can't be certain. I never saw it through the clouds. I wasn't going to look for a Plan B. After all, I'm not at my best right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment