Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Monday, February 17, 2014

Progress Update - February 2014

Recent Pictures

It has been easy to keep up lately. Why? Because I haven't been taking very many pictures. It has been a busy month for me, so I haven't had as much time to get outside. It also took time before they finally opened the East Slope Trail, so my walks have been shorter with less to see. Right now, we are getting rain, rain, and more rain. While I don't mind getting a little wet, my camera doesn't feel the same way. Needless to say, I don't have a backlog right now for Flickr uploads. At least not with recent pictures

Older Pictures

If I haven't had much to go through in terms of recent pictures, does that mean I have been able to gain ground on my older pictures? In all honesty, I don't know. If I have gotten any work done in this area, it was early.

eBird

Without new pictures, I have had no problems keeping up with my eBird checklists. Since we are in the middle of the Great Backyard Bird Count, I have been a little more aggressive in submitting checklists. Even with the extra work, I am completely caught up with embedding pictures even through my most recent walks.

Personal Projects

I have been working on preliminary work for a big personal project of mine that I hope to finish early next year. This has really gotten in the way of work on older pictures, although some of the work could potentially simplify going through older pictures in the future. I have moved off of the earliest phase, so current work is no longer helpful in regards to older pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment