Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

For those who are interested in the martins

We are approaching a month with Purple Martins known to be in the area. I still feel that their situation has not been resolved. I have decided that I will open up usage of my pictures for anyone who wants to use them.

So, what exactly am I doing? In short, I'm attaching a creative commons license to all of my Purple Martin pictures taken at Chambers Creek Properties. Anyone who wants to share their concerns can feel free to use these pictures.

The creative commons license means that you do not have to ask my permission or provide any compensation to use my pictures. I still don't want people to take too much advantage of me, so there are some restrictions. I have settled on an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. This means I don't want you to make money off of my work, and you have to credit me however you use it. You can also modify the picture as long as you maintain this license. The specifics of the license can be found at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/

This new policy of mine won't last forever. The general rule that I'm going by is that the pictures in question will be from Chambers Creek Properties of Purple Martins prior to their situation being resolved. For now, new pictures will have this license attached. When I feel that the situation is resolved, I will once again use the standard copyright. Pictures with a Creative Commons license will not be changed.

For people who want to quickly check which pictures are attached to the Creative Commons license, I have created a set. It can be found at https://www.flickr.com/photos/maritimeorca/sets/72157644770748045/

No comments:

Post a Comment