Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Challenge 2014 - Week 19

"You know a dream is like a river, Ever changing as it flows, And a dreamer's just a vessel, That must follow where it goes. So don't you sit upon the shoreline, And say you're satisfied. Choose to chance the rapid, And dare go dance the tide."
-Garth Brooks,  "The River"


This Week

I didn't have a whole lot of ideas for this one. Perhaps I should have gone up Chambers Creek (more convenient than an actual river) with my inflatable kayak. That didn't happen, so what else could I try? Maybe tides and shoreline would work. I already had a picture of the North Beach during a fairly low tide (low enough to walk) that I took (but did not upload) last week. I added another picture with a higher tide (impassible) from roughly the same spot. I decided to make a composite. To bring it up to a whopping two pictures for the challenge, I threw in a picture that I already had of my inflatable kayak and called it a vessel.

Pictures


Inflatable Kayak***Old Picture***
An inflatable VESSEL near the SHORELINE
Challenge 19Composite picture showing the SHORELINE of Chambers Creek Properties' North Beach at a fairly high and a fairly low TIDE.

Other Ideas

Didn't you read my comments above? I was thinking of taking my inflatable kayak up Chambers Creek. That would have allowed me to get something similar to a river from an inflatable vessel. I had a secondary idea of just getting a shot of the creek during one of my usual walks. I never found an angle that I liked. Either you wouldn't be able to tell it was a creek/river, or you would get something man-made in the way like a dam or road.

Flickr Friday - Sweet Surprise

In case you missed my latest progress update, I am starting to fall behind. I needed another lob if I was going to participate this week. Food is not the lob I would have needed. This was another missed week for me.

2 comments:

  1. What brand of inflatable kayak is that? Is it an Aqua Marina?

    ReplyDelete