Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Challenge 2014 - Week 21

This week has been designated as a week to share a "blessing" for May.


This Week

I haven't exactly felt blessed this month, and struggled to come up with anything. I know I overdo the birds, but that seemed like the best option. I decided to go after two nesting bird species and see which turned out better. Unfortunately, I didn't get any good shots of either. I decided to use the less horrible shot. I reduced the amount of cropping in hopes that most people don't realize how bad the picture really is.

Picture


Challenge 21I found this Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis) nest last year. The upward angle into the shadows has made this a difficult nest to see into. I couldn't even confirm that they returned until I saw one of the kids on the nest yesterday. I saw two kids today.

Other Ideas

I said I had two species. No, I wasn't thinking the Ospreys. I need to hold off using them for a blessing until July or August (maybe). I was thinking Bald Eagles. That's another nest that I struggle to see into. I finally saw them again, and they have grown quite a bit since my last sighting. It's nice to see that they have grown and that they are doing fine.

Flickr Friday - High Noon

In case you have missed it, I am struggling a bit to keep up with all of my projects. I didn't get a lob, so I'm skipping this week. This will likely be a problem for months.

No comments:

Post a Comment