Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Monday, March 9, 2015

Challenge 2015 - Week 9

This week's quote comes from a scripture. Since I am not comfortable using my blog to promote what I do not believe, I will only provide the words that I pursued:
Light, Shine, Darkness

This Week

Light and Darkness seemed to be the key words. Instead of light contrasting with darkness, I decided to take a picture of light joining with darkness. We have several species of ducks that appear black and white but are more colorful when the evil fireball of death shines on them (how much longer until summer ends?). I decided to try for three of these species (all of the same genus).

My first target was a Bufflehead. I managed a semi-decent picture, but it was probably the lowest quality picture of the three species.

Barrow's Goldeneyes are unreliable, but I did manage to find one. Like the Bufflehead, I uploaded a picture. The problem with that one is that the purple wasn't as noticable as I would have liked.

The other species I pursued was the Common Goldeneye. This is the picture that I decided to use. Partially due to competition with other Common Goldeneye pictures, it would not have made it into my collection had it not been for this challenge. I find it kind of weird that the only one of these species that wasn't worthy of my collection under normal circumstances turned out to be the best picture to use for the challenge.

Picture

Challenge 9Usually, Common Goldenyes appear to be black and white. Sunny days can bring out some color. When LIGHT SHINES on DARKNESS, their heads appear green.

No comments:

Post a Comment