Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Challenge 2014 - Week 1

"Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities - always see them, for they’re always there.":


This Week

This is the first challenge for 2014, so the week number has been reset. This first challenge features a rarity. I actually resorted to a public self-portrait. I have included my hands in the past, put the photo in question shows more. You can even see the back of my head.

To get the shot, I had a second camera on a tripod with a 10-second timer. Unfortunately, the wind knocked over my tripod with the camera crashing down with it onto the rocks. My camera survived, but it is a little scraped up. I'm actually surprised by how little evidence there is of this incident.

I also couldn't help myself. My self-portrait was meant to take the bulk of the quote. I had a good Eagle day. Even though I didn't get my best shots, I had to point my camera up to get a shot. I "raised my sights" as they soared in the updrafts by the Chambers Creek switchbacks.

I have decided to use the more traditional HTML for embedding since I don't want to have people looking through pictures individually when I already have them all showing for this challenge.

Pictures


Challenge 1It was a DARK and wet morning. After waiting for the rain to turn to drizzle, I headed out. I RAISED my SIGHTS (lens) towards the Osprey nesting platform. When the Ospreys are gone, Brandt's Cormorants take over. I could SEE these POSSIBILITIES because regardless of season, the birds are ALWAYS THERE.
Challenge 1Bald Eagles were enjoying updrafts by the switchbacks at Chambers Creek Properties. I RAISED my SIGHTS (lens) to get a shot of one of them.

Flickr Friday - High Fidelity

This is one of those themes that just doesn't interest me. I will be skipping this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment