Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Monday, January 20, 2014

Challenge 2014 - Week 2

Be thankful for the bad things in life. For they opened your eyes to the good things you weren’t paying attention to Before!


This Week

I know I'm a little late this week. I had an idea for the ultimate bad. Okay, maybe not that bad. I'm not talking about mental genocide (schooling). I'm talking about the state of Utah. If anyone has visited my personal blog (this was posted before I created my picture blog), you might be aware that the hideousness of Utah is one of the primary reasons that I got into sub-amateur photography. Unfortunately, I don't exactly keep mementos of that wasteland. I had to find something before taking a picture. I settled on a quarter lent to me by a sister.

The idea behind these challenges is to find positives. That's why I relegated the Utah quarter to the back. That's also why I included one of my Washington quarter rolls and several additional quarters. The focus shouldn't be on the bad (Utah), it should be on the good (Washington).

Picture


Challenge 2One of the BAD THINGS IN my LIFE was a year spent in Utah. The state was absolutely hideous. I eventually returned home to Washington, which was a very GOOD THING. I started PAYING closer ATTENTION to what I had missed. Although my focus has shifted a bit, it's safe to say that the horrible state of Utah OPENED MY EYES TO sub-amateur photography.

Flickr Friday - Something Gold, Something Blue

This seems like it would be an easy theme. For some reason, it just didn't interest me. If I would have bumped into a good example in nature, I probably would have submitted it. Instead, I am passing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment