Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Challenge 2014 - Week 12

This week has been designated as a week to share a "blessing" for March.

This Week

I had an idea early on, but plans changed for me. I had pretty much given up on finding an owl nest in the Canyon this year. Today, I ran into another Chambers Creek regular. He mentioned the location of an owl nest. Great Horned Owls mysteriously eluded me last year (although I likely heard them), but they are on my list this year. At least they will be when I get around to submitting today's eBird checklist.

Picture


Challenge 12While walking along the Canyon Trail at Chambers Creek Properties, I was informed about the location of this Great Horned Owl (Bubo virginianus) nest. Although I couldn't get the angle I wanted, I clearly found it.

Flickr Friday - Everything Must Go

Wow. I'm really making a habit out of skipping Flickr Friday. This was another theme that simply didn't appeal to me. I guess I could have taken a picture of one thing that unfortunately went away this week (Osprey nesting platform) for unknown reasons, but I don't want to give the Flickr Friday community something that I consider annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment