Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Challenge 2014 - Week 14

Family - like branches on a tree, we all grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one.


This Week

It was a depressing week in some ways and entertaining in others. I was a little distracted, so don't be too surprised that I didn't do better. In fact, my only public picture was derivative of some other shots that I have taken. It's an eagle nest that I have been watching for years.

Picture


Challenge 14Bald Eagles raise their families in a nest made of branches located in trees.

Other Ideas

I was going to go after a branch carried by an osprey building its nest. Although I successfully took the shot, it was a little too depressing to use. I could have also used our owls, but I used them last week. Not only that, but I will likely use them for week 17 (blessing for April). Also, I used one for Flickr Friday (see below).

Flickr Friday - Yellow

This was finally an easy theme to pursue. I could have just gone after flowers. I even took a picture of a violet. I changed my mind and decided to do something a little different. I took a picture of something that isn't yellow but clearly includes the color. I went after an owl with its yellow eyes.

My caption used on Flickr:
I grabbed this owl's attention during one of my walks. It was staring at me with its big yellow eyes as I got closer to one of its children than I realized.


Great Horned Owl

No comments:

Post a Comment