Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Challenge 2014 - Week 48

Dust of Snow

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.

-Robert Frost


This Week

I kind of fixated on a single word, hemlock. This is our state tree, but I did not have any pictures in my collection. After checking the Canyon at Chambers Creek Properties, I discovered that we had plenty of samples to choose from.

A Crow would have been another obvious photo to pursue. Today was my only day with my good camera this week, and none of my crow shots turned out. I'm going with an old picture for that one.

Snow is a tough one since this is the nearly snow-less Puget Sound lowlands. I could have always gone after Tahoma, but that's an overused subject for me. Much like the crow, I went back into the archives. I decided to go with two of the three sisters seen on our vacation.


Challenge 48A Western HEMLOCK (Tsuga heterophylla), our state TREE, in the Canyon at Chambers Creek Properties
Middle Sister and North Sister***Old Picture*** 
These volcanic peaks are capped with SNOW
Crow***Old Picture***
CROW near the railroad tracks at Chambers Creek Properties

Flickr Friday - Cats and Dogs

I didn't stumble into a shot for this one, so I'm skipping again.

No comments:

Post a Comment