Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Challenge 2015 - Week 32

"Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second."
-William James


This Week

I had no ideas going into the week. I'm unlikely to find anyone running that I'm comfortable photographing. I don't see how I can get a picture of wind, especially with how this summer has been. You could say that I lucked out twice this week, and I had no real problems getting pictures for the challenge.

After complaining about how we went two weeks with no noticeable progress toward reopening our park, I finally saw some signs of activity. The pavement added to the Central Meadow to create Spectator Square for the US Open was finally being removed. I could call this a second wind for the construction crews.

The other piece of luck was more obvious. There was a race that I knew nothing about on Saturday. The race started when I was at a bench putting away one of my cameras. My other camera, the one with a wider lens, was convenient enough that I could just grab and shoot as the runners started to pass.

Pictures


Challenge 32The construction crews at Chambers Creek Properties might have found a SECOND WIND. I saw my first signs of activity in weeks.
Challenge 32PEOPLE have just started to RUN and are on their FIRST WIND.

No comments:

Post a Comment