Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Friday, February 19, 2016

Challenge 2016 - January

"There are many who struggle and climb and finally reach the top of the ladder, only to find that it is leaning against the wrong wall."


The Idea Behind the Picture

I decided not to go with an overly easy solution with this one and go for a traditional ladder. Instead, I looked for a different kind of ladder, a fish ladder. There is a dam on Chambers Creek, and fish ladders climb up both sides.

Fish can struggle and climb either side. Imagine if something happened and there was an obstruction. A fish could climb to the top of the ladder and discover that it was on the wrong side. Alternatively, you could argue that I was on the wrong side of the fence to get the ideal shot.

Fish Ladder

Additional Notes

As I explained in a post on my personal blog, I am making some changes this year. Instead of explaining how my pictures fit the quote in the photo's description at Flickr, I am using more normal descriptions there and using my photo blog to provide the challenge-related description. This is my first post in the new format, and I felt that I needed to play around to see how I want it to work. An additional change that did not make my blog post is the fact that the challenge is moving from a weekly to a monthly format.

No comments:

Post a Comment