Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Challenge 2016 - February

"Always behave like a duck.  Calm and unruffled on the surface, but paddle like the devil underneath."


The Idea Behind the Picture

I will admit that I looked for the easy answer on this one. I found a duck that you could tell was paddling, but I wanted to ensure there wasn't much more to the shot. I took several shots of a couple different species, but I settled on a Common Merganser. The duck was calm and unruffled on the surface, but the foot showing in the shot was used to paddle underneath.

Common Merganser

No comments:

Post a Comment