Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Challenge 2016 - April

"Life is like a postage stamp, you may be licked, depressed, stuck in a corner, and sent from post to post.  But you will always arrive at your destination if you will only stick with it."

The Idea Behind the Picture

I kind of fixated on the stamp. It had also been a while since I built a solution using K'nex. I decided to make my own mailbox. I also decided to make a couple of K'nex envelopes with stamps, but I always worried that the envelopes would be hard to make out in a picture. I went with Plan B and printed out a fake envelope with a picture I took being used as a stamp.

This has been finished for... I forget how long. Unfortunately, I had nowhere to take the picture. I held off on taking a shot until I could get some work done in developing my pseudo-studio. That's finally done. To tie the quote to the picture:

The postage stamp that has been stuck in a corner should arrive with the envelope at the destination.

K'nex Mailbox

No comments:

Post a Comment