Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Challenge 2016 - October

"It isn't mountains that get in our way, sometimes we are stopped by molehills.  It isn't always the giant redwoods that trip us as we walk through the forests; it is the vines and the underbrush."

The Idea Behind the Picture

I don't have any pictures of molehills, so I will go with the next best thing, a Prairie Dog hill. Of course, this is not really a hill, but there is at least some soil raised as a result of this animal's burrowing.

I have to admit that part of the reason that I picked a Prairie Dog picture is because I finally finished up my vacation pictures. I also conveniently made sure to use a Prairie Dog from the outbound segment of the trip. On our way to Colorado, we passed through mountains. They didn't get in our way because we didn't pursue them. We did, however, stop to take pictures of this... let's call it a Prairie Dog hill for the sake of better fitting the quote.

Black-tailed Prairie Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment