Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Challenge 2017 - January

I pursued three pictures for the month. Words from the challenge will be underlined for each. I did not get out much with my camera, so everything I got was from a single day.

Picture 1

This creature is an Anna's Hummingbird. I caught it singing along the East Slope Trail, although I have to admit that the voice isn't particularly melodious.
Anna's Hummingbird

Picture 2

My second picture isn't exactly a picture. It's a short time lapse video. This was not my original intention, and I wasn't properly prepared. I hadn't done any research, so I really didn't know what I was doing. There were some settings that I probably could have handled better. I also ended up using the two second timer rather than a remote switch. I don't have an intervalometer, so that was never an option.

Rushing winds across Tahoma created a lenticular cloud that was seen during the rising mourn.

Sunrise

Picture 3

This is the flowing water over the dam on Chambers Creek.

Dam

No comments:

Post a Comment