Now on sale: Walking at Chambers Creek

Walking at Chambers Creek, a self-published book about our local park, is now available at Blurb.com. Hardcover and softcover versions can be printed on demand. For more information, visit http://www.blurb.com/b/6549592-walking-at-chambers-creek

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Challenge 2017 - May

I fell way behind in pictures recently. I am finally starting to chip away at my backlog, but photo challenges fell a bit in terms of priorities. Singing came up again, and I did manage to get a picture. The picture wasn't very good and didn't make my collection. Instead, I will go with plan B, finding a way to tie words to one of my best pictures from the month (and a related shot).

Picture 1

I reached the beach at Chambers Creek Properties and found the presence of this rare bird (for this area), an American Avocet. He flew south on me while periodically calling (maybe I could have had singing this week, but it's a bit of a stretch), leading me to the South Beach. I walked south and conquered the tides by climbing over some rocks to get another sight of this bird.
American Avocet

Picture 2

I returned later in the day. Despite fears that he may not still be there,  I found the strength to cope with the warm weather to find him near the same spot. I didn't do quite as well with pictures because the bright light of the sun created darkness in the form of shadows.
American Avocet

No comments:

Post a Comment